- governs sensory and mental balance and orientation and promotes mental adaptability and comprehension
- resides in empty space in body and fills up subtle channels.
- quality – dry, light, cold, rough, subtle
- in natural state – sustains effort, exhalation, inhalation, movement of discharge of impulses, equilibrium of tissues and the coordination of senses
- vata in excess causes emaciation, debility, tremors distention and constipation, insomnia, disorientation, dizziness, confusion and depression
2.PITTA/ DIGESTIE IRE
- responsible for chemical and metabolic transformations
- governs mental digestion, our capacity to receive reality and understand things
- Quality- little oily, sharp, hot, light, unpleasant in odor, mobile and liquid.
- governs digestion, heat, visual perception, hunger, thirst, understanding, intelligence.
- Pitta in excess causes yellow color of stool, urine, eyes, and skin, hunger, thirst, burning sensation and difficulty in sleep.
- provides substances and gives support
- make up the bulk of our bodily tissues
- physical composition is mainly water contained within the boundaries of our skin and mucus membrane.
- gives stability, lubrication, holding together of joints and such qualities as patience.
- causes depression of digestive fire, nausea, lethargy, heaviness, white color, chills, cough, difficulty in breathing and excessive sleeping.